Our dance program offers fun and acted packed sessions that span a broad range of dance styles such as hip hop, contemporary dance and musical theatre. Our aim is to give children a broad range of experiences whilst developing skills applicable to all disciplines of dance such as movement, rhythm, balance, coordination, awareness and interaction with other members in the group.
- 1 hour long sessions with children within their relevant age groups (3-4 years, 5-7 years, 8-11 years)
- Fundamental movement skills based warm ups to encourage movement to a rhythm, coordination, balance and awareness.
- Pair and small group dance based activities with a focus on encouraging interaction, communication and teamwork all whilst moving to a beat rhythm.
- Dancing to a varied array of musical genres for jazz to hip hop to help children to develop an understanding of the different styles of dance.
- A focus on floor work, turns, stretching and strengthening forming the basis for more technical movements.
- Regular individual coach interventions to highlight players performing skills well or areas for improvement specific to the focus area of the session.
- Regular assessments and progress checks based on the Kidster ability level system.