Basketball is one of the most popular sports that we have at Kidster and the fast and dynamic nature of the sport is fantastic for children of all ages. Our program offers holistic coaching in all aspects of the game first getting children comfortable with the ball in their hands whilst moving around spaces before graduating to more technical aspects of the sport like shooting, passing and team play.
- 1 hour long sessions with children within their relevant age groups (3-4 years, 5-7 years, 8-11 years)
- Fundamental movement skills based warm ups to develop coordination, balance, speed, strength and awareness.
- Our activities are predominantly one ball each encouraging children to get used to having the ball handling, moving around the space and awareness.
- A focus on the five key areas of the game ball handling, shooting, passing and defence.
- We aim to give our young players a strong understanding of the court, positional play and the rules to allow children to get into gameplay as quickly as possible.
- Regular individual coach interventions to highlight players performing skills well or areas for improvement specific to the focus area of the session.
- Regular assessments and progress checks based on the Kidster ability level system.