Through our tennis program we aim to develop well rounded athletes that can develop into great players on the court. Our program aim to develop the key competencies required to move around the court well and strike the ball such as speed, agility, strength and hand eye coordination. As these skills are developed we then layer in more technical coaching points relating to specific types of shots and were to use them effectively in game situations.
Kids Tennis Coaching
Our Children's Tennis Classes Include
- 1 hour long sessions with children within their relevant age groups (3-4 years, 5-7 years, 8-11 years)
- Fundamental movement skills based warm ups to develop coordination, balance, speed, strength and awareness.
- A focus on the four key shot types of forehands, backhands, volleying and serving.
- A strong focus on the fundamentals of grip and swing path and racquet angle to develop solid fundamentals
- The development of a knowledge and understanding of the different areas of the court, rules and court sizes of the two formats of the game.
- Competitive scenarios to give an understanding of strategy and the footwork to get in position to hit the shot.
- Regular assessments and progress checks based on the Kidster ability level system.