Our dance program offers fun and acted packed sessions that span a broad range of dance styles such as hip hop, contemporary dance and musical theatre. Our aim is to give children a broad range of experiences whilst developing skills applicable to all disciplines of dance such as movement, rhythm, balance, coordination, awareness and interaction with other members in the group.
Kids Dance Academy
Our Dance Classes Include
- 1 hour long sessions with children within their relevant age groups (3-4 years, 5-7 years, 8-11 years)
- Fundamental movement skills based warm ups to encourage movement to a rhythm, coordination, balance and awareness.
- Pair and small group dance based activities with a focus on encouraging interaction, communication and teamwork all whilst moving to a beat rhythm.
- Dancing to a varied array of musical genres for jazz to hip hop to help children to develop an understanding of the different styles of dance.
- A focus on floor work, turns, stretching and strengthening forming the basis for more technical movements.
- Regular individual coach interventions to highlight players performing skills well or areas for improvement specific to the focus area of the session.
- Regular assessments and progress checks based on the Kidster ability level system.